Changing Lives… One Sleeve at a Time
Get Started Now
Dr. Guillermo Alvarez is a highly skilled Mexico bariatric surgery practitioner who specializes in laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery. Dr. Alvarez started his bariatric surgery specialization early in his general surgery residency. He worked in several hospitals in the United States, France and Mexico during his residency and has subsequently dedicated his life to helping obese patients.
Dr. Alvarez works with a highly trained team to help his patients achieve a healthy and long life through his skill as a surgeon.
Your well being and excellent outcome is our primary goal. Feel free to email or call us and we will have one of our coordinators get in touch with you to assist you with more information and prices.
School of Medicine
Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, Mexico.
License no. 3653985
General Surgery Residency
Christus Muguerza High Specialty Hospital. Monterrey, Mexico.
License no. 5328222
Christus Muguerza Monterrey Hospital, Monterrey, Mexico.
– The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Bariatric Surgery Postgraduate course. Dallas, Tx.
– American College of Surgeons (ACS), Bariatric Surgery Postgraduate course. Chicago, IL.
– European Institute of Telesurgery / Institut de Recherche contre les cancers de l’Appariel Digestif (EITS / IRCAD), Advanced Obesity Surgery. Strasbourg, France.
– Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery, (AMCE), Bariatric Postgraduate course, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Training
– Mexican Association of General Surgery, Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
– Mexican Institute of Social Security UMAE # 71 Torreon, Coahuila, Mexico.
– Active International member of the prestigious American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
– Surgeon of Excellence distiction since 2012 by the Surgical Review Corporation with flawless record
– Active International Member of the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
– Member of International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
– Speaker on the Gastric Sleeve at national and international conferences
– Best selling Author of several Gastric Sleeve books
– 100% Fluent English (TOEFL)
– Chief Resident in his General Surgery Training
– Board Certified Surgeon
– American College of Surgeons Certified for Advanced Trauma and Life Support
– Various publications in national and international journals
ASMBS 2009 – Grapevine, TX. USA
ASMBS CME Certificate 2009 – Grapevine, TX. USA
ASMBS 2010 – Las Vegas, NV. USA
ASMBS 2012 – San Diego, CA. USA
ASMBS 2013 – Atlanta, GA. USA
ASMBS 2015 – Los Angeles, CA. USA
ASMBS 2016 – New Orleans, LA.
IFSO Europe – Latinamerican Chapter 2007 – Cancun, Mexico
IFSO Europe 2008 – Capri, Italia
IFSO World Congress 2007 – Porto, Portugal
IFSO World Congress 2008 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
IFSO World Congress 2009 – Paris, France
IFSO World Congress 2010 – Los Angeles, USA
IFSO World Congress 2011 – Hamburg, Germany
IFSO World Congress 2012 – New Delhi, India
IFSO World Congress 2013 – Istanbul, Turkey
IFSO World Congress 2015 – Vienna, Austria
IFSO World Congress 2016 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
IFSO World Congress 2017 – London, UK
IFSO World Congress 2018 – Dubai
IFSO World Congress 2023 – Naples, Italy
SAGES International Membership
SAGES 2006 – Dallas, TX. USA
SAGES 2009 – Phoneix, AZ. USA
SAGES 2010 – National Harbor, MD. USA
SAGES 2011 – San Antonio, TX. USA
SAGES 2012 – San Diego, CA. USA
SAGES 2013 – Baltimore , MA. USA
SAGES 2014 – Salt Lake City, UT. USA
SAGES 2016 – Boston, MA. USA
SAGES 2017 – Houston, TX. USA
SAGES 2021 – Las Vegas, Nevada
SAGES 2023 – Montreál, Canada
Our state-of-the-art facility is
just 8 blocks away from the